Mon - Fri     9 - 5:30                                                        10011 102 Ave

Sat      10 - 4                                                                      Peace River AB, T8S 1R7

Holiday Closures                                                              [email protected]

Closed on Stat Holidays

Moving to Alberta

When moving to Alberta make sure you have something proving you are legally allowed to be in Canada. We will need one of these for changing your drivers licence and issuing your Alberta Health Care card.

  • Birth Certificate
    • If you were born in the province you are moving out of, order a new one before leaving if you cannot find it. 
  • Passport
  • Permanent Resident Card
  • Indian Status Card

We will also need proof of Alberta address (rental agreement/utility bill) and ID.

You have three months to switch over your drivers licence, vehicle registration and Health Care. Try to ensure your drivers licence and vehicle registration will not be expiring within 3 months of moving in case something you need gets lost during the move... such as your birth certificate. 

For more information, go to 

Moving out of Alberta

Preparing to move out of province can be very overwhelming. Look into what your new province requires beforehand in order to switch over your drivers licence/ID, vehicle registration and insurance and health care with as little hassle as possible!

Some provinces require drivers abstracts in order to switch over your licence, especially if you have a class 1, 2 or 3 licence. Order a drivers abstract before leaving so you have it ready when you get there.

If you cannot find your birth certificate, registries offices can help you order a new one if you were born in Alberta. All we need is valid ID. If you do not have one, a parent can order a birth certificate for you.